Pomegranate is a beautiful, delicious fruit. It contains lots of vitamins and abundant antioxidant properties that are helpful to cure many diseases. Pomegranate juice is beneficial to get younger, wrinkle free skin and also improves skin complexion. It also has many medicinal properties that are why specialists advise elders to consume daily and prevent many serious diseases. So, in this article, we will guide you on how to squeeze pomegranate juice at home. There are many methods to make citrus food juice, but making juice without a juicer and blender can preserve many enzymes, minerals, and antioxidant properties compared to using a juicer and blender.
Let us come to the point directly and get information related to citrus fruit. So, keep scrolling without further ado.
How To Squeeze Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate is a wonderful fruit for health that contains numerous benefits for everyone. Here we discuss some benefits of these fruits and how to make pomegranate juice at home with the quick and mess-free method.
- Salt for Sprinkle
- 2 Glass
- 2 Straws
- Few Pomegranate Seed And Mint For Garnishing The Glass
Best Way To Peel A Pomegranate
- Wash the pomegranate thoroughly with water and dry it with a kitchen towel.
- Now take a knife and a pot or dish for cutting.
- Cut off the top, which is called the crown.
- With the crown, scoop out the middle yellow skin portion from the crown area.
- Now make five shallows with the top of the knife slightly. Make sure it just cuts the bumpy portions of the pomegranate with minimum pressure.
- Peel out each section one by one.
This step is after peeling the entire skin of the fruit.
- Now collect the pearl using your finger (not nail).
- This step takes time to pull each pearl by finger and make sure you don’t collect the damaged part of the fruit.
- Also, avoid the yellow skin of the fruit, which is also called a membrane, and only collect fresh red pearls.
- After collecting all the pearls in the bowl, wash it again with water and set aside for 2 minutes.
Tip: You can store these pearls in a tight container for 3-4 months in the refrigerator.
So, now we can make fresh juice in different ways. Using the best juicers and blenders is a common way of making juice. But everyone needs to know how to make pomegranate juice by hand? So, here we will learn how to make pomegranate juice without a juicer.
How To Squeeze Pomegranate Juice At Home
So, ready for juicing without a juicer and blender. Here you need one big jar for meshing.
- Now put pomegranate pearls in the jar
- Mash it with a cocktail muddler. If you don’t have one, you can use a potato masher for this task.
- Mesh with a little bit of force and extract all juice from the seeds.
- When you realize it’s a proper mesh and no seed remaining, use stain or a polythene fabric to squeeze the plump.
- You can also use a strainer if you don’t have polythene paper.
- Now squeeze out the juice in a jug until the seeds completely dry.
- Now decor it with salt, mint leaves in a glass. And enjoy fresh pomegranate juice every day.
It’s easiest to strain out / squeeze out the seeds method; you don’t need any blender for it.
How To Make Pomegranate Juice For Babies
No doubt pomegranate has huge benefits for babies, young, and especially for elders. It has lots of health benefits for babies.
You can take juice to your babies when they are up to six months old. They help absorb iron in the body and are beneficial when you take pomegranate juice during mealtime as giving juice with meals.
Keep in mind that it doesn’t take pure juice on your baby. It is not good for the baby’s health. Always prefer ¼ cup water with one part pomegranate pure juice and give 100ml per day and it’s helpful to prevent tooth decay.
So, here is a quick recipe to make pomegranate juice for babies.
Total prep time 10 minutes
Pomegranate 1 medium size
Water ¼ cup
- First, wash the pomegranate and peel out the seed in a simple way.
- Only Collect the fresh and clean pearls of pomegranate using your finger.
- Avoid the inner skin and damage the pearl.
- Collect in a bowl and wash it again thoroughly.
- Now put the all fresh pearl into a blender and add ¼ cup of water.
- Blend it for 10-15 seconds.
- Avoid grinding for a long time because too much grinding can mesh pomegranate seeds too.
- Now strain and collect the juice in a vessel.
- Always give fresh juice to your baby
- Don’t blend too much
- Only serve fresh juice
- Don’t use chill water for baby
- Don’t use extra sour pomegranate
- For up to one year baby use honey and chill water
Pomegranate Juice Benefits
Here we enlisted some benefits of pomegranate juice that are
- It helps to reduce inflammation
- High level of antioxidants properties
- Rich in potassium, calcium, vitamins C and E
- Great source of fiber
- Help to control blood pressure
- Help to prevent heart disease
- Low in calories
- It helps to cure any disease
- Best for elder and pregnant women
- Improve digestive system
- Control, fevers, boost the immune system
- Best to cure stomach infection
Pomegranate Juice Side Effects
Overall, pomegranate does not have any side effects, but the use for different people may have appeared some issues just like gastrointestinal sensitivities that may lead to diarrhea.
By the way, pomegranate juice is considered safe, as is pomegranate extract. But if you are taking with stem, seeds, and skin, it may have caused some issues like
- If you take pomegranate with seeds, it may cause abdominal pain.
- Seeds also disturb your stomach.
- According to research, ingesting pomegranate extract is harmful during pregnancy.
- It’s also harmful to breastfeeding moms and babies.
- It’s likely safe for many people, but sometimes you take high amounts of citrus fruit. It may cause diarrhea, allergies, itching, swelling, and may cause difficulty breathing.
- If you take an extra dosage of anything, it will react instead of benefit.
You can mix salt, mint, ginger juice, apple juice, citrus, and coconut for flavor and sugar or honey according to your taste.
The best time to drink fresh juice is always in the morning. Because in the morning you feel fresh and your body is active to consume every food. If you take any food at night, your weight will increase, your stomach can be upset, and the citrus food affects sleep quality!
Actually, pomegranate taste is sure. Elders avoid adding sugar and drink only 100% pure juice. Because it may cause diabetes, in another case, if you have diarrhea, you should prevent pomegranate extract. Pregnant women should also avoid citrus food because it may contain a high amount of fruit rind.
The seeds are a healthful fruit for everyone, but its other parts of pomegranate like stem, the skin may have contained some poison, but it is not severe for health.
Hence, there are many ways to squeeze pomegranate to get high quality juice like by hand, by the best pomegranate juicer, and other citrus juicers. I hope, this guide will be helpful to squeeze the Pome with manual ways as well as an electric juicer. Take pomegranate and extract the juice and enjoy a healthy life.