Most of us are curious to know about what to do with carrot pulp after juicing. Whether the pulp is meant for waste only or we can reuse it. If you are one of them, then you are on the perfect platform. Here I will let you know about some simple but tasteful recipes by using carrot pulp left after juicing. The practice of making different dishes from the leftover carrot pulp is eco-friendly. So for the sake of preserving the natural environment of the earth, we should encourage and adopt these practices. Let’s have a look at what to do with carrot juicing pulp.
Read Article On how to store carrots in water
5 Different Ways to Use Carrot Pulp After Juicing
Carrot Pulp Cake Recipes
Carrot cake from pulp is one of the yummiest and flavourful dishes that can be made by using carrot pulp. This cake is also known as carrot cheesecake. Moreover, it is equally famous among old, young and children also.
The ingredients used to make this cake are
- Three cups of carrot leftover pulp from juicing.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Half cup of organic sugar
- 9 ounces of a block of cream cheese that should be softened
- 4 to 5 large eggs
- Half cup of raw milk or coconut milk
- One tablespoon of organic ginger spice or powdered organic ginger
- Two tablespoons of organic sweet cinnamon spice or powdered form
- One cup of pecan (it should be ground finely)
- Two tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of whipped cream (totally optional)
- The first step of making this cake is sorting the carrot pulp leftover after making carrot juice. Remove every large piece of carrot if you see it in the pulp. Now take a cup for measuring. Measure the carrot pulp down into the cup by pressing it after the proper measuring and set it aside.
- Now take a large mixing bowl. In the mixing bowl, add cream, sugar, cream cheese, and olive oil. Mix all these ingredients thoroughly for 5 to 6 minutes. After mixing, add the eggs to the mixture and beat it very well. Now it’s time to add carrot pulp, milk, and spices that are mentioned above. At last, add baking powder and pecan into the mixture.
- Now you need to take a 9-inch spring form. Grease the bottom and sides of 9 inches spring form with the help of butter. Pour the batter that is in the mixing bowl into the spring form. Level the batter with the help of a spatula.
- Before placing the batter into the oven, preheat it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Now place the pan that contains batter into the oven. Heat the batter for 15 minutes. Now the temperature is reduced to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. At this reduced temperature, bake the batter for 30 minutes more.
- Observe continuously and bake to the time when its surface becomes golden brown. To check whether the cake has cooked properly, insert a knife or a straight side of the spoon into the cake. If it comes out clean, it means the cake is perfectly cooked. If you see some sort of grease or batter particles on the knife, then bake it for a few more minutes.
- Take the cooked batter from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Now remove the outer ring of the spring form pan. Let it cool continuously while keeping it on the rack. When it is cool completely, place it in the fridge for at least 2 hours until it becomes chill.
- The cake is ready to serve
Carrot pulp Recipes With Soup
The second recipe on the list is carrot pulp soup. It is not wrong to say it is healthier and more flavourful than any other veggie soup. Most people that follow a calorie deficit diet use this soup for their breakfast and sometimes for supper. Ingredients for this pulp soup are
- Six tablespoons of butter(the butter should be unsalted)
- 4 cups of carrot pulp
- Approximate 8 cups of water
- Three red potatoes (wash them with neat and clean water, peel and cut them into a cube)
- 1 cup of diced celery
- Two cloves of garlic (washed and peeled)
- Approximate one tablespoon of salt.
- Cream for garnishing( totally optional)
- Dried thyme half tablespoon
- Dried ginger powder approximately ⅛ tablespoon
- A half-ounce of evaporated milk
- The first step is to melt the butter. You have two options for melting butter. Use a stockpot or any large, heavy bottom pot. Cook the butter for several minutes. The solid in the butter should start to turn brown.
- When the butter is melted properly, immediately add carrot pulp into the pan. At this stage, stir the mixture properly.
- After two minutes, add water, then potatoes and celery into the mixture and cook for q minutes. After that, add garlic, salt, ginger, and thyme to the mixture.
- Cook at low to medium flame and stir it continuously. Cook till all the vegetables become very tender. At this stage, use a stick blender to blend all the veggies. Moreover, you can also use an electric blender.
- Stop blending when the soup texture becomes very smooth.
- After proper blending, add evaporated milk into the mixture and blend it one more time. Ultimately the consistency becomes homogeneous.
- Serve it hot to enjoy its flavor best.
Carrot Pulp Muffins Recipes
The 3rd and my favorite recipe are carrot pulp muffins. These muffins cook very quickly. Moreover, these pulp muffins are the best option for breakfast. Ingredients include
- Half a tablespoon of baking soda
- One tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup of raisins
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon of baking powder
- ⅕ cup raisins
- Half cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees centigrade). At the same time, grease the muffin tin with cooking oil.
- Now mix all ingredients like carrot pulp, brown sugar, and eggs in a bowl together. Mix it well by using a beater.
- In a separate bowl, add spelled flour, baking powder, baking soda, oats, ginger, and nutmeg together. Thoroughly mixing is crucial.
- Combine the two mixtures of carrot pulp and flour mixture in a large bowl and blend it until its consistency becomes smooth and thick.
- Add one spoon of the batter into the muffin tin and bake in a preheated oven for about 25 mins. The muffins are ready to eat.
How to make carrot patties from carrot pulp
If you are a burger lover and want to eat it on a daily basis without gaining weight, then you must give these patties a try. Keep this patty inside the burger and ban some veggies, and the burger is ready. The ingredient for this patty is
- 2 cups of carrot pulp
- One tablespoon of salt
- One tablespoon of pepper
- Half teaspoon of garlic powder
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- Half teaspoon of paprika (smoked)
- One egg
- Half cups of beans
- Additional (burger bun, onion, tomato, and cheese)
- In the first step, combine the carrot pulp, spices, and eggs together in a bowl. Add smoked paprika into it and mix well with a spoon. If you want to add the beans, then add them to the bowl and mix them with the mixture.
- Divide the mixture into four parts and make a patty of each potion. Keep them in the refrigerator.
- Turn the stove on and keep the flame low to medium. Take a skillet and pour some olive oil into it, and warm it. Add patties to the warm oil. Cook each side of the patty for four minutes.
- The patties are ready; you can eat them separately or use them as a burger patty.
Carrot Waffles From Pulp Recipes
Last but not least, the dish is carrot pulp waffles. This dish is mostly liked by young children. Let’s have a quick look at the ingredients of this dish
- Maple syrup
- Coconut cream
- 2 cups of spelled flour
- Approximately two tablespoons of baking powder
- Two tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- One tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Half a tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of carrot pulp
- 2 cups of almond milk
- In the bowl, mix all ingredients with a pinch of salt, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and flaxseed.
- Turn the waffle iron on for preheating.
- In the medium-sized bowl, mix the carrot pulp, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Now pack carrot batter into dry ingredients and stir.
- Grease the waffle iron with oil and cook to the time when its edges become crispy. Serve it with vanilla extract.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can carrot pulp be usable after juicing?
Answer: yes, absolutely, carrot pulp contains a lot of nutrients and fiber. These nutrients and fibers will keep your digestive tract healthy.
Can all the leftover pulp of the fruits be reusable?
Answer: All types of leftover pulp of fruits are rich in nutrients and minerals. These pulps are best for making different types of delicious dishes.
How can we make a pulp burger?
Answer: make the patties by using carrot pulp and different spies. Take a bun and put your favourite veggies inside it. Additionally, keep the fried carrot pulp patty between the vegetables. The pulp burger is ready.
Can we freeze the carrot pulp?
Answer: yes, we can freeze the carrot pulp in the freezer. Always store and freeze the pulp in the baggies.
There are many other dishes that can be made by using carrot pulp or any type of fruit pulp. Make sure to try the above-mentioned recipes. I am damn sure you will definitely love all the dishes.